As an Interior Designer as part of the LSW Interior Studio, you bring a heightened level of creativity, authentic passion, and expertise in planning, designing, and furnishing an array of life-giving interior spaces across various building types and uses including, but not limited to, commercial office, creative office, tenant improvements and adaptive reuse, medical office and wellness, K-12 education, mixed-use, and multi-family housing.
What You'll Bring
Supporting an array of dynamic project types, clientele, and industry sectors, you maintain a high level of comfort and ability in both design and presentation drafting of various interior design projects at various phases, including schematic design and design development. An integral part of a growing interiors team, you are able to communicate openly and clearly with current and potential clients, providing confidence in your ability to actively problem solve, identify unique design solutions, and both support and lead project scoping and proposal drafting. You have passion and drive to provide maximum value and impact for LSW’s clients and partners, delivering truly impactful spaces that are visionary, welcoming, inclusive, safe, and inspiring.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design, CIDA Accredited
- 5 years (minimum) professional design experience
- Experience in Commercial Office Tenant Improvement required
- Experience in Healthcare design preferred
- Experienced in all phases of project design
- Familiar with building codes and permitting processes
- Concept development and interior detailing
- Strong understanding of interior materials
- Experience proposal writing and submission preferred
- Experience in new client/business development preferred
- Experience with project QA/QC
- Proficient in Revit
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software (Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD, Bluebeam)
- Experience with FFE specifications and purchasing preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and professional work ethic; Ability to work closely with teams across the firm
- NCIDQ certification preferred
- WELL AP Preferred
LSW is supported by a multigenerational team of architects, planners, and designers who bring strength to the firm through a diverse cross-section of perspectives, backgrounds, and skills.
Our firm combines a 60+ year architectural legacy with the energy of a start-up. We’re intentional about creating an atmosphere that nurtures personal growth and leadership, and always look for ways to enhance the team experience. We believe in nurturing the skills and talents that come naturally to individuals and pairing these with opportunities to have the most impact, within our collaborative culture and in the community.
We live and cultivate an approach that aims to strengthen the relationship between all things to one another: People, community, environment. Clients are selected based upon alignment with firm values, desire for long-term relationships, and opportunity for the work to positively impact the overall community. Project types typically include early learning, K-12 educational, higher-ed, multi-family, mixed-use, and adaptive re-use projects.